April 11, 2008

Stepping Outside of the Burger Box...

Today I'm going on a little different route (again, I know, two posts in a row). The other night I stepped out of my usual dining fare to make a recipe I found in another Content Producer's articles: Irene Lynn. Doesn't it look yummy?



I know what you're thinking, "Okay so you made hamburgers. Big deal!" These aren't just any old hamburgers. These are meatless hamburgers.

They are made with Portabella mushrooms. And let me tell you now, you would never know it if I had not told you.

My husband and youngest devoured theirs as if they were Top Sirloin burgers. These are a healthy alternative to your traditional burger. I've been on a health kick lately, so I'm taking my family along for the ride.

If you like mushrooms, and you like hamburgers, then you will love these! Read the article and grab the recipe: Health Benefits of Mushrooms that You May Not Be Aware Of by Irene Lynn.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

9 comments:

  1. Hi! They look good enough to eat. Well they should you cooked them! I love the big field mushrooms myself as they taste better than a steak or those tasteless little mushrooms that they flog at the shops these days. As for meatless burgers my sister-in-law forced me to eat a lentil burger sometime ago and guess what, I loved that as well. Sorry to say, I'm just a glutton for good food.

    Take Care,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peter! They are so yummy! I have to tell you, we are big meat eaters. However, I like mushrooms so when I read the article I just had to try it. Spectacular alternative!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had "mushroom" burgers before--delicious! Your photos make me hungry, Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife and eldest daughter love these. When eldest daughter was trying to be vegetarian, I made "shroom" burgers and lentil burgers for her. Every now and then they get a hankering for them.

    Me...not so crazy about mushrooms. I merely tolerate them in certain dishes (mostly Asian dishes).

    Youngest daughter won't touch "shrooms".

    I am an unrepenant carnivore...as is youngest daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Conda! This was my first attempt at this. As a mushroom lover, I just had to try it. I was impressed.

    Hello J.L.! Funny you should say "shrooms," that's what we call them here. Whenever we have steak, we have to have sauteed shrooms and onions with it. We have them with a lot of dishes. I have to admit we are meat lovers too, but this was delicious for an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Musr:

    I wish I liked toadstools, I really do. The Queen likes them. She could probably eat a whole bag of them. In fact, she'd probably devour one of your toadstool burgers in a minute flat. But not me. Sorry. Toadstools and me just don't get along. You know the old saying, Fungus among us.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Swu! I swear you would never know this wasn't meat. Even if you don't try it, make one for the Queen she will love you for it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I look at this and I don't know whether I want to helicopter into the city or go out for fine dining.

    Stunning photography.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments are appreciated. Be sure to leave your site information so I can visit you too!

Search the Web

Followers

Powered By Blogger