February 10, 2008

Oh Squidoo! What a Promotional Tool

Well I did it; I built a Squidoo Lens. If you remember, I mentioned doing this in my updates post. Now its a done deal: Bartending or Bar Tending? That is the Question!

The process was quite easy, even though it took me a month to get it published. First, you sign up. Second, you find a topic you want to publish about. Third, you build your content. Last, you publish.

Cruising about the site, I found that the most popular lenses are chock full of information. Typical, because people enjoy learning. Popular lenses also have used the Youtube, Amazon, and Flickr modules to dress up their page. There are other modules to include like plexo (haven't quite figured that out), polls, and searches.

Right now I just utilized the text and image modules. As I learn more about the rest, I will add to my content.

A few things occurred to me as I built my lens. One was that I need more content. That just figured since I have been rather lax lately. So I cranked out a few more articles to boost up the page. I have a few other articles in mind, but I haven't written them yet.

Then I thought, using Squidoo to lump together my related articles will make for better traffic. Something I'd like to do for my blog also--Brainstorm! Remember when I referred to linking everything together? So, I'm going to start working on a lens for the blog.

I published my lens on Saturday (the 9th) and today (Sunday) I checked my stats and I've already gotten over 90 clicks. I better pump up the promotion because over night that's better than any other thing I'm doing. (For related promotion: here I'm under 200 since last August and Myspace is @ 170 since December)

If you have a Squidoo lens, let me know in the comments so I can check it out. If you want to build a lens, I put up a link button for you at the bottom of my posts and archive.


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, squidoo--yet another thing for me to find out about and possibly use. Interesting post, muse, quite informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Going on your admission that you've been rather lax lately, you certainly have pulled out all the stops on this one. Congratulations and well done. There's no going back now. Full steam ahead I say!

    I followed all the links and I must say, it was like venturing into another world!

    Good luck with your quest!

    All the best,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Conda, there are so many great tools out there. I guess it's just a matter of trying them and picking the best from the lot.

    Peter, I have been so bad. So, yes, from now on I hope to be at full steam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments are appreciated. Be sure to leave your site information so I can visit you too!

Search the Web

Followers

Powered By Blogger