February 1, 2008

About Crying...

Recently, a fellow blogger, Peter, wrote a post about crying: To Cry or not to Cry. It touched me so much that I commented to him what could almost be considered a blog post in and of itself. I'm long-winded (commented?) sometimes. Many of his posts compel me that way.


January was a rough month for my brood. As it turns out my husband will not return to work until mid February. (Yikes, I don't know how much more I can take of him being underfoot. That said, I'm putting him to work on a few chores.)

He's in so much pain. I help him change his dressing and he flinches when I move in to work. I assure him that I won't touch it, but still he jerks away. I do not like it when a loved one pulls away, regardless of the circumstances.


Several years ago I was into motivational books and tapes. One thought that came to me, when my husband starts to flinch, was Neuro-Linguistic Programing (NLP). Just bear with me, I was young. NLP deals with anchoring and associations.


When my husband flinches from me he's associating me with the pain! This thought made me want to cry. not to mention everything else compounded on top of that. So I went off by myself and I cried. I felt better after the release.


Perhaps it's my imagination, the stress, frustration. Perhaps it was Peter's post. Then again it could just be PMS. Whatever it was, crying is good.


And bad, when you cry your nose gets all stopped up, your eyes get all puffy and red, and your eyelashes stick together. I don't know about you, but I sound like a snuffelumpakus (sp?) for hours after I cry.

Crying inspires me to do more, to make myself better, and to buy more Kleenex.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

3 comments:

  1. Muse:

    Sounds like you've sprung a major leak. I checked Kimberly-Clark's stock (they own Kleenex), and it's up two dollars over the last five days. That's a good indication that your increased Kleenex use is affecting the market. So, if you can't break out of this depression, I'm putting in a definite buy order (just kidding, of course).

    I hate to see a blogger in tears.

    Love reading your blog.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I think when people have been feeling down for sometime, the frustration, the depression and the exhaustion that can go with it, can make people more susceptible to crying. In this case, I'm glad that you felt better afterwards. Although I'm saddened and sorry that it occurred.

    If it makes you feel any better, most husbands can be very draining to say the least! Just ask my wife.

    Take Care!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello you two!

    Swubird, I'm glad I'm helping Kimberly-Clark out! I hope you make a killing in the market!

    Peter, yep, hubbies can be draining. My defenses have been down, but I'm pulling out of it.

    Y'all take care!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments are appreciated. Be sure to leave your site information so I can visit you too!

Search the Web

Followers

Powered By Blogger