March 31, 2008

How about that Adsense...

I know a lot of us use adsense to try to monetize our blogs. Of course according to the adsense TOS, we can't click the links in our own blog. So, being the curious person I am, I've been clicking the ads in your blogs just to see where they take me.

So far, everything I've clicked looks legit. The sites are clean and don't sound any computer alarms on my end.

I've had my ads sitting at the bottom of my page. Very unlikely to get a hit there. It's almost like I was hiding the fact that I have adsense.

Since I am a stay at home mom, and I would like to earn an income, I started looking into adsense a bit more. I read an interesting post about monetizing your blog on dosh dosh and they said to make the ads look like header/footer navigational links to get unsuspecting readers enticed to click on them. Now that is sneaky, so I did it.

Hopefully the little trick will work. If not, at least it's clean looking. When you guys start rolling in dough because of my experimental clicks, let me know.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

2 comments:

  1. Muse:

    I sure appreciate all of these little tips you provide on your blog. You have a good way of getting right to the point and giving us just the meat of the subject. I would only add this about Adsense: Without a huge number of hits - forgot about making any money with Adsense. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

    Thanks again for all the info.

    Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true Swu, I don't expect to get rich from it. Probably not even a residual income either. I'm more looking at it as a chance in a zillion type thing, like the lottery--which I play too.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments are appreciated. Be sure to leave your site information so I can visit you too!

Search the Web

Followers

Powered By Blogger